March 11, 2009

Anthology cover + postcard


Follow-up report to our anthology sale is here! though you hafto be a member of to view it ^^
Now that our anthology is finally printed, (and sold out!!! :D) I think it's okay now to post the art for it~

I was having a hard time trying to think of ideas for my story, so the first thing I worked on was the postcard. Each one of us made one to give as a set with the preorders. I posted the WIP awhile back, I guess it's not terribly different. (maybe because it's so old that I'm over it...)
Sorry the pics so large TT;

Done in Painter. It took me like a week back in January, because I only got to work on it a few hours after work every day. ;-; I'm sooo slow...

After I finished the postcard, I got whipped to work on the cover illustration! Here's the pre-print design version. midoriyuki told me to make it long so the illustration can extend to the back cover. It's such a cool concept~ drawing for print is so cool!!

I'm absolutely not posting WIPs for this!!! ;;;-;;; They're... ALL SO GROSSSS!!!!! (I even named them all gross.jpg XD)

(click for large)

Also done in Painter and Photoshop. It's over 100 MB!!! @_@ and I only work with only 1 layer! I never worked this huge before!! At 350 dpi, the print size is like 20 x 30 inches long!!! My printer can only print up to 13" x 19" though ^_^;;; Thanks sooo much to all my group members, and for helping me with composition ideas, critiquing, and details~

And drawing kiss scenes is SOOO HARD!!!!! My last page was seriously my most dreaded page... I was so scared, I put it off until very last, but in the end I think I did it... successfully... (still waffling bout posting page lineart or not) ah, Mid said iinjyanai...

GROSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! >/////////////////<
I'm a prude and proud of it!!!!! orz

*sigh* what a relief that it's finally over. All I brought with me is my tiny EeePC laptop and a tiny 4x6" tablet, so I don't know when is the next time I am going to get to do some real CG. Maybe everything from here on out will be analog?

...but I didn't bring my scanner either! @A@ gah! How am I gonna post here!?

5 comments:

  1. I still love Phi art! XD Glad to see new Asucaga works even after GS ended so long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my GAWD SO GORGEOUS ;A; I really, really love how your coloring style has developed, it's so pastel-y and luminous... especially love Cagalli's hair and the ripple water effect. *_* Oh yeah and kissu picture is really sweet!! Gah I love your lineart especially with the hair~

    No scanner!?? ...maybe school will have a scanner i hope please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. the kissing scene is good, it looks even better in screentone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg phi, that cover illustration is to die for. I was never a hardcore AsuCaga and with GSD being a memory from so long ago, looking at this now makes me so touched for some reason. Congrats on the book!! (I didn't even know about it until now wtf forgive me "orz) The kiss scene is hotttttttttttt XD XD XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, if I was there I'd totally buy it just for the cover art ;D even if I never was a gundam seed fan.

    ReplyDelete