December 30, 2009

last post for 2010

because I got the feeling that next year I’ll lose the will to post any old work at all, squeezing in a post. As usual, many apologies for my sparse posting. Please don’t hesitate to remove this journal from your flist if when you lose interest. :) and as usual, many thank you’s for continued watching.

4-koma (4panel) comic assignment - draw a title page and 5 strips, does not need to be consistent theme. Very dumb. So dumb in fact, no knowledge of Japanese required.
click the very right first- read right to left
                          3                                                       2                                                       1
 

staircase- 1 point perspective, draw one adult and one child. I rushed this at 5-6 am and couldn’t draw decent faces, nor did I want to tone. So I cheated. It sort of worked. Please excuse the terrible keitai photo.
  

Tree – draw a tree and 2 people. No need to ink because everyone in class is behind on other assignments. Also rushed and very dirty and my sketches are so dirty/ugly :[ teacher was like wtf, are those dandelions??? and I was like, >_> um… yes… but they don’t have to be… I’m sorry… I should go fix them… orz

Arienee!!assignment: draw an unbelievable animal, plant, and mode of transportation. Also dumb.
ありえねぇ!!生き物: Duckpus/platypus. English description is there because I was having a tough time trying to come up with a story for my drawing. The teacher told me to think in English first, then translate (it sounds so basic, but I always forget to do it that way…) and then after she helped me translate, she told me to leave the English there for interest. Sensei is very, very, very nice. I like her. :)
 
ありえねぇ!!植物: garlic monster- his own farts are so stinky he can’t take it. Recycled monster design thanks to old work I did for Gaia. hee.

ありえねぇ!!乗り物: rabbit sled. Not very efficient, but very eco-friendly. Doesn’t require gasoline, just don’t forget the carrots. Also rushed, rabbits reference are thanks to google image search. :)
 
copy a photo in painting class. Everyone used Kusakabe Aquila (acrylic), I used Turner acryl gouache. I have no gesso or medium so it dries in like 30 seconds. I hate it. >< I probably wouldn’t hate it as much if i had something to make it easier to work with. I am also color retarded.
original magazine page, next to my not as nice looking attempt. Real paint, well, it’s been awhile.

2 main character designs for my 8 page manga homework. Please look forward to the finished piece~
 and some actual non-homework I squeezed in for ACP >w< good luck on new site genry! faitooo! atashi mo faito.
Have a happy, artsy new year all~

10 comments:

  1. I love your style so much~ *__* And I love your chibis and animals, they're soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWWWWWWWWWW SO CUTE!!!!

    The Magician stuff hahaa... I kept thinking of it being Gaia potential haha. The rabbit is so cute XD The animal plant stuff are adorable as well!

    Good luck on your 8 page manga!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work~!! Despite you claim it being 99.9999% rushed, it looks great~ ^^

    Acrylic anything makes my brain hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want a duckpus!

    Seeing your art posts makes me happy :) I look forward to more in the coming year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why does the farting monster live in Europe?? LOLLLL!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Typing this from the floor of your room as you sleep, lol. WHEN DID YOU POST THIS? I went to sleep at like..2am DD:

    Haha, the magician comics are really adorable XD Your backgrounds are so pro, btw. Hard to believe you do them by hand @_@;;

    GOOD LUCK ON FINISHING THE TURTLE/BUNNY COMIC!! YOU CAN DO IT! But please don't die!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chibi!Nico looks like she can fly with the way her scarf is done, lol.

    I would take the garlic monster and throw it into a pot of ramen, screaming, "FART YOUR HEART OUT!!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. DUCKPUS!!!! NOOOO!!! SO CUTE!!! NOOOO!!! MUST CONSUME HIM!!!!
    your cute stuff is SO FRIKKIN CUTE! GAHHHHhGGGRGLe

    your assignments are so specific, but that's pretty cool to see everyone's interpretation/versions of the same assignment~

    i like seeing your work, i will stay here foreverrr

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am convinced that I must have either a garlic monster or a rabbit sled or my life will be incomplete.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good stuff as always! I am particularly fond of Duckpus, as sometimes I feel like that (???)

    ReplyDelete