October 29, 2009

end of 1st semester


this entry is chock-full of self deprecation but nobody will notice because I post so infrequently, I'm pretty sure nobody reads this anyway sooo not even gonna bother resizing images WOO! I am so unkind.



Summer homework 50 characters: 21 through 50

lol wut is this I don't even know
again why
art for ACP 2 birds one stone gooooo still needs lotsa fixing for later
Summer homework: 5 page manga using the keyword "RAIN"

This whole assignment is super duper bullshitted. I wanted to edit out the painful cheese text, but I figure oh well the past is the past and it's just a practice homework exercise, and what's done is done...so LOL your hearts out I don't caaaare!!! because this is totally worth some LOLz.
You can tell I wanted to just get this shit done and over with because this stupid hw hanging over my head ALL summer makes for a not fun time. BUT IT'S DONE. Classmates keep teasing me bout how buchou is seriously ikemen. Yeah, they're right but yeah, okay. *burns*

if you want to see higher res for GOD KNOWS WHY...

super ugly lame BS'd cover done in like an hour lol
page 1
page 2
page 3
page 4

never attempting to draw shoujo manga ever AGAIN in my life I SWEAR. Hope teacher never gives another assignment like this ever...

Copic illustration: free subject, at least 1 character.
ummm sketch I procrastinated on until the night before, and coloring I bullshitted during an allnighter. I actually prefer the non-colored version better because my eyes were too bleary to PICK PROPER COLORS aughhh CG handicap where is my photoshop adjust hue tool waaaahhh
One of these days I'll go back and CG the sketch but for now homework is homework.
Also haven't gotten it back to scan it so make due with ugly photos.

sketch + ink
progress
lol... I'm such a disgrace for owning copics so long and not being able to use them
-HELLO CLAMP SPARKLIES. sparklies make everything better. Acknowledging my roots!? Anyway, teacher didn't give this back, that bitch!

End of 1st semester final exam judging project: draw a climax panel of your original story idea, enlarged to fullpage illustration
Actually a friend was visiting me during my between-semester break, so I put this off until the friend went home and then I BS'ed in 1 night (well, 4pm to 7 am, so 15 hours?) My first time trying to use only tone to make a form, instead of actually drawing the lineart for clouds resulted in arm cramp from TOO MANY HOURS SCRATCHING TONE. Despite how I have a tendency to procrastinate and bullshit everything at the last minute, I think it turned out alright! Teachers apparently thought so too, since this product of BS actually got chosen as a finalist to be displayed at Shibuya C.C.Lemon/NHK Fureai Hall Gallery... UH, WHY??? I ended up with a runner up award, but now it's displayed at the gallery for who knows HOW long and now I dunno when I'm getting it BACK!!!

terrible photo
terrible closeup photo where you can totally see my dirty tone edges, that's what happens when I don't have a scanner...
Onomotopeia: choose 3 onomotopeia from a given list and apply it to 3 panels. Panels do not need to connect.
kay, this was kinda hard for me because I didn't grow up in Japan... it's like how words like ZOOM BOOM CRASH drip creeeek ROARRR GRRRR ticktock FWOOSH are definitely not universal ;) but I'm learning slowly~
also BS'ed in 1 night. YAY no people I'm such a cheater~
some meanies didn't let me tweet this soooo HA
lol i'ma go die in a hole now

27 comments:

  1. ::grafts eyes to screen::

    *____* (Surely you can demand the picture back? For your aging father you could say! |D)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's official, you draw THE CUTEST THINGS EVER. God, that BUNNY ;___;b

    ReplyDelete
  3. SPARKLIES are epic stuff. *A* Love them too

    Wahh I love all your art, I think it's getting more epic by the years. I just love your style more and more~

    ReplyDelete
  4. D: pitchfork
    Oh wow look at the screen on Henry's phone.
    WAAAAAIT WHAT IS THIS MANRY RUV

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish you'd post more! These are all awesome~ 8D You should submit something to Small S!

    BTW, if you don't mind me asking, what kind of manga would you like to draw?

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG SO MUCH AMAZING PROGRESS!!!!!!

    AIM FOR THE STARS PHI! (so damn Sasuga I have tears!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i LURVE your chibis and i want to EAT GIANT BUNNY!
    BUN
    NY

    climax project is so climactic~! congrats~ also i don't think you'll ever get it back if they run themselves anything like japanese publishers = losing art all the time haha =p

    ReplyDelete
  8. damn dude!! seriously!!! pro status for real! That manga looks so authentic.. like I could go to a bookstore and pick up that comic and it'd be all pro~

    LOL I love all the "I drew this in one night" stuff... amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. *_* DUDE! Snapped me right out of my usual morning daze at work! XD Pro status for realz! ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. So nice to see your art :D Thank you for updating!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your art is so cute!!! ARGH!!
    LOL. Why are you procrastinating on hw?! XD;;; But wow, amazing what you accomplish it in 15 hours. Epic cloud screentoning.

    Hopefully you can get your stuff back XD

    ReplyDelete
  12. MANRY RUV IS SO MANRY!!!!!!

    Your art is so hot that I baked a cake on my monitor.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So much meticulous tone scratching on that climatic scene! =O

    I especially love the bunny トコトコトコ panel. XD SO CUTE!

    All the stuff you're sharing with us is SO GOOD. Looking forward to more stuff (and less self-deprecation XD). がんばれ~!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are all so cute and pretty. ♥ And I hope you can get your picture back from your instructor, keep bothering them until they relent.

    ReplyDelete
  15. XD WHY ARE YOU SO AMAZING!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Quit whining or GTFO! Your stuff is great! XD

    ReplyDelete
  17. waaagh lol I think they will give it back eventually, although maybe at like the very end of the school year... ~_~

    ReplyDelete
  18. what's on the screen? o_o
    HEHEN luv messin' with you guys

    ReplyDelete
  19. omg thank you orz but Small S!? I bought a few of those before, though I never thought about submitting ^^;;; mmm maybe I'll look into it but if my stuff actually got into it ahhh how embarassing //////

    manga hmmm... I don't really know myself. Well, I do have stories in mind, but I only know they're definitely NOT shoujo XD I don't think they're quite shonen either, but closer? As long as I can successfully draw something emotionally engaging, I guess I'd be happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. ;A; publishers lose art all the time!?!? WTF that's not reassuring!!!! And unexpected, considering how Japanese businesses are so anally run... XD

    ReplyDelete
  21. YAY THANKS! except if you actually translated it to english, you'd then promptly gag and follow up with saying "WHAT IS THIS TRASH" XDDD;;;

    oh jeez, now that you point it out, almost all of those are from allnighters. yeahhh bad habit... though I'm not sure if I'd actually be any happier with any of the results even if I started earlier =w=

    ReplyDelete
  22. it's hard to break old habits XD;; Maybe it's just that I'm over-confident in my ability to pull shit out of my ass on time! *killed*

    ReplyDelete
  23. nah that cake was baked by the heat generated by the manry manry ruv. ;]

    ReplyDelete
  24. japanese business is all frontal with no real backend process...it's so 2 faced in that public relations and employee hierarchy are so rigid but the book keeping and grunt work of it is soooooo chaotic and archaic. i mean their offices are insane, like a storage facility of a crazy murderer...

    aside the konjiki no gash bell incident with shogakukan (they lost his original art and he sued and i think other artists came forward) there was this crazy incident where we needed some keyart and forever and ever they kept saying they don't have it, but we're like "WE SEE IT IN THE BOOK! how did you PRINT it? we just need the printing files if anythinggggg *cry*" to your licensor liason person and someone from our office happened to be going to japan so they stopped by the publisher and talked to the actual editor and the editor is all "hmm wait a minute" and the rumour is he opened his desk drawer and admist all the food and snacks in that drawer, was the art we needed and he's all "here!"

    they always say "we don't have it...this is all we can find....it doesn't exist...there's no layered file" but we have the actual book that we SEE it, how can they not have it?

    i just want to bulldoze japan sometimes =p

    ReplyDelete
  25. w
    t
    f
    ?!?!?!

    no but I totally feel you about the all about image but actual organization/process being so old deal... but it's odd because doesn't pulling shit like that and having people find out about it later totally kill the image!?!?!?! so it doesn't work full circle at ALL lol dude...

    that's fascinating. Man seriously I'm so glad that I'm scanning my shit before I turn it in, now that I actually got my scanner.

    ReplyDelete